Customer Service Specialist
$52,100 – $64,850 a year
Why join us?
At Design Within Reach, the home comes first. We believe in creating and sourcing pieces that move with you and are meant to be enjoyed over a lifetime – from home to home, generation to generation. For us, that means exceptionally crafted, built-to-last, and beautifully designed furnishings.
Our purpose is to design for the good of humankind. It’s the ideal we strive toward each day in everything we do. Being a part of Design Within Reach means being a part of something larger than your work team, or even your brand. We are redefining modern for the 21st century. And our success allows Design Within Reach to support causes that align with our values, so we can build a more sustainable, equitable, and beautiful future for everyone.
Design Within Reach is hiring a Customer Service Specialist to join our Contact Center. The schedule for this Mon-Fri, 10-7, or Tue-Sat, 9-6 for a 3- month contract.
As a Customer Service Specialist, you’ll assist our clients with pre and post-order support using a variety of policies, procedures, and technology. If you love helping customers and providing a great experience in a fast-paced environment, this role is for you. This role reports to the Customer Care Manager.
What you’ll do:
You’ll have opportunities to grow, achieve and build relationships every day as you…
- Manage multi-faceted customer care inquiries in a professional manner with the accuracy of the information, appropriate grammar, spelling, and empathy.
- Assess customers’ support needs primarily by phone and email to solve the issue at hand, and communicate resolution in a complete and thorough manner.
- Become an expert in product knowledge and DWR policies and procedures, ensuring the ability to react to and solve customer service requests as efficiently as possible.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with great attention to detail.
Does this sound like you?
This might be you if you have the following skills and abilities…
- 2-3 years of experience in a customer service role, call center preferred.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Appropriate discretion in handling confidential financial and personal information.
- Ability to thoughtfully handle stressful and difficult situations.
- Solid problem-solving skills including follow-through and the ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to quickly develop rapport with both internal and external groups and individuals.
- Experience using Salesforce.com or other CRM & Oracle NetSuite is a plus.
Who We Hire?
Simply put, we hire everyone. Design Within Reach is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We’re committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.
A starting compensation range for this role is $52,100.00 – $64,850.00. Relevant salary considerations will include candidate qualifications and experience, other business/organizational needs, and market factors. You may also be eligible to receive a geographic premium, annual discretionary incentive, and equity awards which are subject to the rules governing these programs. The company offers a full spectrum of benefits including Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Dependent Day Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability, and Other Insurance Plans, Paid Time Off (including Vacation and Parental Leave), Holidays, 401(k), and Short/Long Term Disability, in addition to other special perks reserved for our associates.