Full-Time Legal Assistant – Records
From $20 an hour
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
Opportunities for advancement
Professional development assistance
Full Job Description
Zinda Law Group is a rapidly growing elite personal injury law firm. We handle complex cases and maintain a small docket, enabling us to best serve our clients. Our clients expect top-notch representation and that is exactly what we provide. We pride ourselves on our skills, compassion, and commitment to helping those in need.
At Zinda Law Group, we do things differently. We are innovative, use high-tech, cutting-edge technology, and have a start-up mentality. Our firm is a member of the Inc. 5000 and has an in-house software development and marketing team. This year, Austin Business Journal recognized Zinda Law Group as one of the 50 Fastest Growing Companies in Central Texas.
We are currently looking for a Part-Time Legal Assistant to join our growing Medical Records and Investigations team. Our Records Legal Assistants work closely with lawyers and staff to process, draft and submit medical records and conduct investigations based on cases.
Where: This is a remote position.
Hours: 20-30 hours a week during business hours
Compensation: $20 an hour
Firm Philosophy: It is our firm belief that every member of our team is valuable and should have the opportunity for a financially and personally fulfilling career. Our firm is structured to provide its attorneys with outstanding opportunities to advance and grow within the firm. All of our attorneys handle cases from intake through verdict, with continuous opportunities for ongoing training and mentoring by our excellent team. At Zinda Law Group, everyone goes home at the end of the day knowing they have done a great job for our clients and have made a positive contribution to the lives of others. Our law firm is a great place to work.
Our core principles are:
Only the Best;
Failure is Not an Option;
We All Take Out the Trash;
Run the Firm Like a Business.
As a Records Legal Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Process medical records and billing requests from attorneys;
- Draft and submit medical records and billing requests for retrieval;
- Track and process received medical records and bills;
- Follow up on pending requests;
- Follow up on requests that need additional information or documentation for completion;
- Work closely with the team to update them on the status of medical records;
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed and completed;
- Ensure completion and accuracy of received records, and troubleshoot any issues with incomplete records;
- Communicate with teams to address any issues regarding records;
- Communicate with providers;
- Verify all Provider information;
- File management including keeping all files organized and filing mail and faxes daily.
- Working closely with the lawyers and staff at the firm on all investigative matters;
- Locating and interviewing witnesses;
- Locating and inspecting evidence;
- Conducting background checks and reports;
- Preparing and writing investigative reports;
- Preparing and creating scene diagrams;
We are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- Previous experience in the legal or medical field is a plus;
- Acute attention to detail;
- Ability to follow processes and procedures;
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent phone etiquette;
- Outgoing and team-oriented mentality;
- Ability to maintain confidential information;
- Dedication and willingness to assist with a variety of tasks.
If you’re interested in joining our team as a Legal Assistant, we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Zinda Law Group is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or another protected status as required by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- Professional development assistance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote
Hiring 2 candidates for this role