Service Desk Engineer
$22 – $29 an hour
Benefits Pulled from the full job description
Paid time off
Full Job Description
NexusTek is a U.S based, managed IT service provider to small and medium-sized organizations. We excel in tackling the complexities of IT, such as cloud services, cyber-security, document management, data back-up and protection, and more.
Our mission is to take away technology headaches allowing our clients to focus on their core business.
NexusTek’s 300 employees span 35+ states to service our growing client base. We have physical offices in Denver, Irvine, and Boston.
Service Desk is a 24/7 team and schedules are based on this coverage. Most schedules will be Monday through Friday local time unless specified. Please indicate which hours you’re willing to work when completing the application.
Participate in a rotating on-call schedule (after hours and on weekends)
100% remote – work from home
Why this job is exciting
Feeling stagnated in your current IT role? You won’t at NexusTek – no two days are alike in the MSP world! This is a fast-paced, ever-changing IT position. You will work hands-on with the latest technology in multiple environments. All while engaging our clients in the process to understand their technology needs and enhance their technology efficiencies.
Who you are
A proactive and independent technical expert who performs a variety of tier I and tier II technical support responsibilities, requiring a thorough working knowledge of information technology and remote desktop support. You are a skilled communicator on all levels and dedicated to providing top-notch customer service. Your meticulous attention to detail is shown through your timekeeping, documentation, and execution of the technical work.
You know how to:
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and billable/utilization hours
- Answer up to 20 calls per day and manage up to 15 tickets at a time
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Maintain consistent communication with clients through phone and email
- Implement NexusTek’s best practices and core values
Troubleshooting will require skills in some or all of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Server (2008/2012/2016/2019)
- Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016/2019
- Microsoft Hyper-V (2012R2-2019)
- Microsoft RDS (2008R2-2019)
- VMware ESXi 5.5-6.7
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop (XenApp and XenDesktop)
- Veeam Backup & Replication
- Workstation/server hardware and software
- Peripheral devices including printers and scanners
- Network technology including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless configuration
- Cloud and virtualization-based technologies, and common client/server applications (e.g., 365, Azure)
- MSP applications like ConnectWise, LabTech, and IT Glue are desirable
Pay and Benefits
- 4-weeks accrued paid time off
- 7 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Discretionary annual 401K match plan
- $22 – $29 per hour based on experience, skill set, and certifications
- Employee referral bonus plan
- Access to Pluralsight, LinkedIn Learning, and the NexusTek Technical Academy
- We’re happy to provide our full benefits guide at any point in the process!
Interview Process – Typical interview process for this role:
Application Stage – Thanks for showing interest!
- Submit your application
- Complete the Culture Index Survey offered in the application steps (a link to the survey is also provided below)
- Culture Index is offered in 30 languages – select your native language!
- Culture Index Link: https://go.apply.ci/p/XYc2r1b19PXrg0IM
Screening Stage – Let’s get to know each other!
- Our recruiters carefully consider each application. If you are selected to move forward, we will contact you for the introductory screening
- 20 min Recruiter screening to introduce you to NexusTek and get to know what motivates you
Interview Stage – We’ll dive into your experience in more in-depth
- One-hour technical interview with Hiring Manager (virtual)
- Two-hour lab assessment taken from your home
- 30 min follow-up Hiring Manager interview
- References – 3 professional references and at least one direct supervisor
- You are welcome to request additional conversations with team members you didn’t get to meet during the process
NexusTek provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws
NexusTek participates in E-Verify for all US Employees